In case the Easter bunny needs a little help deciding what to put in the baskets, we’ve put together a list of some creative Easter basket ideas for kids and adults. We’ve rounded up some clever ideas for what to use as a basket, some unique basket fillers & even some non-traditional items to fill the Easter basket. There are even some themed Easter basket ideas for adults & kids – you can just tweak them based on who is receiving the basket.
Easter Basket Ideas for Kids
What to Use for the Basket
- An actual basket from a craft store. You might want to make sure you know what’s going in the basket before you purchase it – just so you get the correct size.
- Pastel plastic wicker baskets that you can find at most stores before Easter.
- Animal pails that you can also find at most stores before Easter.
- Totes from a dollar or thrift store.
- Decorative plastic bowls.
- Toys such as a doll stroller or a Lego container (which would be the best with a themed basket).
What To Use For Kids’ Basket Fillers
- Plastic Easter grass.
- Fabric that is ripped to shreds.
- A new shirt.
What To Put In Kids’ Easter Baskets
- Chocolate bunnies.
- Crayons & coloring books.
- Sidewalk chalk (a lot of the time, you can find chalk in fun Easter shapes and colors).
- A movie or music disk
- Plastic eggs filled with jelly beans, goldfish crackers, chocolate candies, etc.
- Plastic eggs filled with small toys such as Legos, beads, etc.
- If your child has a favorite treat, such as licorice, you can wrap the handle of your basket with it so your little one knows the Easter basket was made just for them.
Kids’ Themed Baskets
- Art theme filled with crayons, coloring books, paints, play dough, rulers, construction paper, chalk, glue sticks, glue dots, tape, stickers. You can usually find some fun, inexpensive craft items at your local dollar store.
- Superhero theme filled with a cape, kid-friendly comics, superhero action figures, and a superhero mask.
- Food theme filled with toy food, an apron, plastic dishes, and some real treats or a drink.
- Sports theme filled with small Nerf balls, a Frisbee, ping-pong paddles, a whistle, and a sports jersey.
- Dress-up theme filled with plastic heels, plastic jewelry, play makeup, fancy gloves, and a feather boa.
Easter Basket Ideas for Adults
What to Use for the Baskets
- A decorative basket from a craft store.
- A serving tray.
- A tackle box.
- A small cooler.
- Pots or kitchen baskets.
- Beach pails or a beach bag.
What to Use For Adults’ Basket Fillers
- Flower petals.
- Glass beads.
- Plastic Easter grass.
- A new scarf.
What To Put In Adults’ Easter Baskets
- Solid chocolate bunnies.
- New coffee mugs.
- Cooking spices.
- Gift cards.
- Tasty teas.
- Home decorations.
- Bath salts.
- Homemade candy.
- A bottle of wine and wine glasses.
- Movies or music.
- Fishing equipment.
Adults’ Themed Baskets
- Movie theme filled with a throw blanket, a movie, two packages of microwave popcorn, theater box candy, and 2 bottles of soda.
- Gardening theme filled with seed packets, gardening tools, a sun hat, sunglasses, and gardening gloves.
- Fishing theme filled with bait, hooks, weights, an extra roll of fishing line, and a bag of sunflower seeds.
- Relaxation theme filled with bath salts, lotions, gourmet chocolate, and a gift card for a massage.
- Sports theme filled with sports memorabilia, a bag of potato chips, a bottle of soda, a baseball cap with the person’s favorite team on the front, and a TV schedule of all their favorite games.
- Health theme filled with healthy snacks such as raisins, nuts, and dried fruits, as well as a workout video, personalized towel and a water bottle.
If you have any clever Easter basket ideas for kids and/or adults, please post them in the comments below. You can also send us a picture of your Easter basket to email@example.com or post them on our Facebook page.