Here are some fun and clever ideas to decorate your windows for Christmas.
DIY Window Christmas Decorations – Hang Ornaments
Ornaments are not just for Christmas trees – use them for a stylish and one-of-a-kind window Christmas decoration. If you have some fun or unique ornaments left over after you decorate the tree, you can attach them to different lengths of Christmas ribbon.
Hang each ribbon to the top of the window frame with a tack, double-sided tape, or even a small nail. Arrange the ornaments so that they look neat as they hang down into the window. You can also add some remote control window candles to dress up your window display.
DIY Window Christmas Decorations – Hang a Wreath
At Christmas time there are a variety of different Christmas wreaths that you will be able to find. If you want to make a wreath, the following are some ideas:
- Purchase a plain evergreen wreath. Add any Christmas decorations to it that you want, including a big red bow, tree ornaments, gold beads, or battery operated lights.
- Using a foam wreath form in the size you desire, wrap festive Christmas ribbon or fabric around the entire form so that there are no empty spaces. Secure it in place with hot glue. After it is wrapped, add embellishments to one side, such as holly berries and leaves, poinsettias, and a golden bell.
- Spray an evergreen wreath with white paint or with fake snow so that it looks like it was snowed upon. You could also add some “snow-covered” pine cones or berries.
After you have made or purchased wreaths for your window, you can tie a big ribbon to the top, or use a wire hook to attach the wreaths to the window. You could purchase some window hooks or a Christmas Wreath Hanger and attach it above the window sill. You can also use a Double Magnet Glass Wreath Hanger that attaches directly onto your glass window.
DIY Window Christmas Decorations – Kids Christmas Decor
If you have kids at home, you might want them to get in on the fun. Some fun window Christmas decorations that the kids can help with are:
- Window clings. When you are out shopping for Christmas decorations, you might notice some window clings. These decorations are great for small kids to help with because if they get stuck on crooked, you can peel them back off and try again. Many of them are made in fun designs that the kids will love, such as snowmen, Santas, and gifts.
- Snowflakes. For you and your children to make snowflakes for the windows, you will either need paper or foam sheets. You can do them in white, or you can use multiple colors to make it more fun for the kids. Allow your children to use their imaginations when coming up with a design for their snowflakes, or go online and look for patterns. When you are finished making these unique window Christmas decorations, you can arrange them on the windows and use transparent tape to attach them.
DIY Window Christmas Decorations – Window Paint
You might want to consider purchasing some window paint. With the right paint from a home improvement or craft store, you can create a fun wintery or Christmas scene on your windows. Some ideas for pictures might include:
- Santa and his reindeer.
- Elves, tip-toeing across the bottom of the window.
- Snowflakes falling and piling up on the bottom of the window. You might be able to find some snowflake stencils at your local craft store.
- Christmas lights strung around the edges.
- Holly berries in each of the corners with a ribbon creating a border. Again, look for a stencil at your local craft store.
- Words such as “Merry Christmas”, “Happy Holidays” or something similar. If you don’t want to paint it, you should be able to find a playful Merry Christmas Sign to stick on the window.